Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back to the Land of Uh

Oh to my faithful blog readers...to the old timers...to those who have been with me for almost two years. These posts are for you. This is for those of you who remember my one stop sign town where chickens run from the dance hall and inbred dogs named Daisy steal your flip flops. For those of you who remember the armadillo story...this is for you.

Uhland, Texas...how I've missed you.

I went back on Mother's Day weekend. It had apparently been too long since I was there because I got lost on my way. It's not as bad as it sounds though. Since my last trip down, a highway had been built across the road that I take to get there. Leave me alone; it's a bit jarring. So, what is normally a 30 minute trip took an hour and a half. But on the way I had the opportunity to remember the beautiful sunsets I used to see every day on my way home from work.
Then I strolled into "town"...and nothing had changed. Same ol' Uh-land.

Just as...uh...sumthin'...as ever.
And still just as beautiful. Oh...there was one new addition. This gem...

I love Austin, but oh my heart...this is magical.