Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Here's one for you...

After realizing that I have like .7 of a mile left before I run out of gas, freaking out, praying and hitting a station to fill up, I head to Wendy's for lunch. They hand me my diet coke in a paper cup and I set it in my cup holder, just like I always would. I put the straw in, start to drive off and pick it up to take a drink. I notice one of my earrings dangling off the bottom of the cup. Hmm...that's weird, must have set them in the cup holder. Never once considering HOW the earring is attached to the cup I yank it off. For those of you who have never seen what happens when large amounts of liquid is trying to get through a pin size hole, it doesn't merely drip, but sprays. I am now trying to drive my stick shift and figure out what to do with the projectile stream of diet coke that is coming out of the bottom of my cup and spraying horizontally all over my car. I quickly reach for a napkin put it at the bottom and set the cup back in the other cup holder. At which point the diet coke sprays up and out like a fountain and lands nicely on my knee.

These things don't happen to normal people.

1 comment:

Piland Family said...

Oh my word. I love it. If you just would have gotten a frosty it wouldn't have been nearly as big of a mess. Ice cream is always the best pick. (if a frosty is even ice cream?)