Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Me and My Girl...

I have loved this baby since before she was born because I love her parents. SO much. But yesterday, more than any day that I've been here, I realized that I love her just because she's Avery. Because of her personality and her smile and her sweetness and because of the little person that she is and will become. And I think yesterday she realized she might be okay with me too. For most of the week we would play and laugh and be silly, but yesterday, on numerous occasions, she just sat with me. Just sat and leaned up against me and relaxed. She smiled any time I walked by and at one point even "crawled" across the floor to get to me. It was a transition that I didn't even realize was going to be made, but yesterday was different. And so precious. I know that I'll leave and it'll take awhile before I get back and we'll have to go through it all over again, but I'm so thankful that in this short period of time we were able to cross that line. I know that for the rest of her life I'll just be "Crazy Pretend Aunt Jen," but I hope she'll always know how much I love her, not simply because she's Sarah and Erich's baby, but because she's Avery Piland. The one and only.

1 comment:

Piland Family said...

Oh how I miss you. Please come back tomorrow. Avery is especially sad... she cries every time we try to set her down. She cries when we even just stop looking at her. And heaven forbid we try to walk out of the room... a week with Aunt Jen spoiled her! She wants you to come back and play.

So so so good to have you here, friend. I hope you had fun in Marysville and safe travels back home!