Thursday, March 25, 2010

Amazed

Why is it, that the more I find myself hurting for someone else, heavy-hearted for the things we do to our children, and broken for the sin of this life, that I feel God's power, love, grace and forgiveness more than ever before.

Today has been a day. The kind that had little to do with me and everything to do with God. Somehow I felt shattered and full of joy at the same exact time.

God.

Nothing else.

There's nothing else it could be.

"God knows quite well how hard we find it to love Him more than anyone or anything else, and He won’t be angry with us as long as we are trying. And He will help us."
~Excerpt from a letter from C.S. Lewis to the mother of a child who was concerned that her young child was idolizing the character Aslan from the Chronicles of Narnia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I relate. I've been having lots of those days lately!