Friday, September 19, 2008

Something strange...

is going on in Austin.

I don't know what it is but I know I feel it and I know others feel the same thing. God is stirring people up and I don't know what His plans for it are, but if we're all paying attention and we all move when He tells us to move something big is going to happen. There's not a doubt in my mind that that's what we're being prepared for because everyone knows it. It's been talked about, blogged about and prayed over. It's a constant topic of discussion and a constant on people's hearts.

I don't know what it means for me personally yet. That's something I'm still listening for, but I know I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who all came to this place by God's calling and none of us really know why yet. But we all have the same stirring, the same working on our hearts that is far greater than anything I have ever experienced.

I will continue posting about it as things sort themselves out and God begins revealing His plan for all this. I'll lay my heart on the internet here for a second and say that my greatest fear, the thing that would be really heartbreaking in all of this, is that 5 years down the road I'll look back at this post and realize that those of us who were brought here walked right past what God was calling us to. It's easy to be moved by God in our own lives, for me to come to the theatre everyday and try my best to do God's work here in this building, but it's something far different for thousands of people to come together and do God's work in this city. And we could all probably convince ourselves that we just made this feeling up, that we fed off of each other and the Sunday morning sermons and just needed something to hold on to. But deep down, we'd know we were wrong. The greatest prayer of my heart is that we do something now, while we have the opportunity. Because if we wait, we're going to miss it.

Luckily, I have the utmost trust in the faith of the people around me. I see that they're all on fire and ready to go and I'm hoping that when the day comes I'll be able to keep up.


"Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare."
~Jeremiah 29:7

No comments: