Monday, January 4, 2010

Days like today...

my heart can be healed by nothing less than this...

"O God, You are my God; I shall seek You
earnestly;
My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns
for You,
In a dry and weary land where there is
no water.
Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better
than life,
My lips will praise You."
~Psalm 63:1-3

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your
presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from
me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit
."
Psalm 51:10-12

Thankful for a message that reminded me of this yesterday and so thankful for friends that feed me sweet words such as these:

"In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge;
Let me never be ashamed.
In Your righteousness deliver me and
rescue me;
Incline Your ear to me and save me.
Be to me a rock of habitation to which I
may continually come;
You have given commandment to save
me,
For You are my rock and my fortress.

O God, You have taught me from my
youth,
And I still declare Your wondrous deeds.
And even when I am old and gray,
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this
generation,
Your power to all who are to come.
For Your righteousness, O God, reaches
to the heavens,
You who have done great things;
O God, who is like You?
You who have shown me many troubles
and distresses
Will revive me again,
And will bring me up again from the
depths of the earth.
My You increase my greatness
And turn to comfort me."
~Psalm 71:1-3 and 17-21

No comments: