Saturday, January 30, 2010

A time for it all...

A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot
what is planted.
A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build
up.
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones and a time to
gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun
embracing.
A time to search and a time to give up
as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw
away.
A time to tear apart and a time to sew
together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:2-8

And there's little sense in wishing it was a time for something other than what it is.

4 comments:

Mrs. Cunningham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Cunningham said...

The words are all nice. Thanks it gaves me a little bit strength and a wake up call. I've been very unhappy the past few days.

Unknown said...

I came upon your blog some time ago thru a friend of a friend and so forth, and bookmarked you because I really enjoyed some of your posts. I've never commented, but this post really compelled me tonight. I wanted to say Thank You, those are very wise words (not just the verse, but your addition at the end!), and maybe just what I needed to hear right now!

Jen said...

Thank you so much to both of you! I so appreciate you commenting! Glad that the words spoke to you as much as they did mine. Jessica, will you leave me your blog link? It wouldn't let me go to your page.