Monday, August 25, 2008

Tough Stuff Melts Down

I love being a girl. I really do. I love wearing pink. I love purse shopping. I love wearing makeup, even though it melts off in 2 seconds under the Texas sun. I love having fresh flowers in my living space, even though I can't keep them alive. I love singing and dancing and all things that sparkle.

I try to be an independent girl though. I've dealt with snake bites and bloody armadillos. I clean up dead insects in my theatre. I managed to maintain my composure the other day (well, almost) when I saw a cockroach the size of a uhaul. My job requires me to climb 40 foot ladders and carry around 50 pound weights. I drive a stick shift. I used to teach a high ropes course. I feel confident that most of the time I'm a pretty tough cookie.

But we all have our cryptonite.

And last night, after working 35 hours in 3 days, and having a total of 9 hours of sleep in between, the feeling of fresh dog poo on my bare foot was mine...and the cause of an embarrassing episode of shrieking, screaming and hysterical laughter. While I completely acknowledge that this following video falls far short of flattering, I decided to be tough and immortalize it anyway.


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, that officially made me miss you more than I have ever missed you before. Praise the Lord I get to see you soon.
Love love love it.

emily said...

all of that laughing, made me giggle! I love it.

Leona said...

There's definite love in that room. A bestfriend "immortalizing" an embarrassing moment for you. That deserves a flair.