Thursday, August 21, 2008

Well today has been hilarious...

1. I totally almost got run over by one of those little moped situations. I was in a parking lot and as I stepped out from behind a van, this tiny girl riding a bright blue moped at about 40 miles an hour comes flying at me. Right about the time my life flashed before my eyes she swerved and very nearly wiped out. I felt bad for a fraction of a second until I realized that none of this was really my fault. Once she regained control of her scooter on steroids and I had verified that I hadn't peed myself, she kind of shook her head a little and said, "WHOA!" before speeding off. Interesting. Truth be told I was mildly disappointed. For all the effort and terror, actually getting hit by one of those things would have made for a really entertaining post.

2. Following the moped incident, I came to work to discover that our one maintenance man is on vacation until Monday. We have numerous events in the theatre over the next few days and hundreds of people will be in and out of there meaning it's going to be filthy. So, this morning I saddled up our new backvac...

I don't know if that's what they're actually called, but it's what I call it. It's basically a vaccuum in the form of a backpack. Oh, and our other one got stolen. Yes, really.

...and went to town vaccuuming my little heart out. As I'm moving in and around the theatre I'm failing to notice that the cord is getting completely tangled around the seats. Before I know it I have wrapped myself and my backvac in a cocoon of a bright orange electrical cord and the sound guy for our current show looks at me and says, "What DON'T you do around here?" I found a dollar under one of the seats though.

3. My boss sent our front desk girl an email regarding a luncheon that we have tomorrow. The email states that they would like us to provide, "pickles, cheese slices and hot dog wieners." Is that how all Texans refer to hot dogs?

I love days that begin like this and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's destined to get funnier.

No comments: