Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday's Fabulous Moment of the Day...

One of the all-time best. Unfortunately also probably one of those "had to be there" type things.

Sitting in our office was a very large, wooden, uh...shield. It was part of our AKA exhibit and belongs to the local chapter of the sorority. This thing is probably 5 feet tall and 4 feet wide. The size was part of the issue but the larger problem was that because it normally hangs on a wall, it is round on the bottom and doesn't have a stand.

Earlier today my boss came and said, "Come help me package that thing up so they can take it back." This was the beginning of a long, tedious process of trying to figure out how to hold it upright while wrapping it in many layers of bubble wrap and packaging tape. Of course I ended up in a sea of bubble wrap, with those little styrofoam popcorn things stuck all over me and trying desperately to gracefully maneuver a roll of packaging tape while Para held the thing upright.

And so...the fabulous moment came when I was bent at the knees, trying to wrap the lower half and Para let go of the top of the shield. It fell on me, knocking me over into that sea of bubble wrap which promptly went...

POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP

Now of course, I'm laughing hysterically and trying desperately to get up but the more I try to get up the more the bubble wrap is going. Right as I'm thinking, "Oh, I'm going to wet my pants," our museum curator, who really is a woman of very few words, yells from her office, "Does someone have gas out there?"

I am crying I'm laughing so hard and in a moment of not thinking before I responded, yelled back, "I'm sorry Ms. Phifer...I had Mexican for lunch."

To which she says, and I quote...

"Sounds like you had more than one."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol
Do I sense a little sense of humor with BP? Did she say it in a serious tone, ya know straightfaced? That would probably have been even more funny.
Heee-larious! I was chuckling to myself at my desk.
Faith

Carrie said...

lol

I think it's hysterical...I can see you doing that. Thanks for making my day.

Carrie