Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Monday's Fabulous Moments...

Fabulous Moment #1:

Background Info: My grandparents are driving down here on Thanksgiving to bring me stuff for my new apartment.

So, yesterday I get a message from my grandma that says, "Your grandpa has some extra hangers he'd like to bring you but he won't just bring a random amount so he needs you to call us back and give us an exact count of how many you need. Okay bye."

What?

To be honest, I got a good chuckle and then totally forgot about the message so later on in the day I get a phone call from my mom who says, "Your grandfather is going to bring you hangers but needs to know exactly how many you need." Yes, right, I forgot. So I respond, "23 would be great." She goes and tells him and comes back on and says, "He will only do increments of 5 so I told him to just round up."

...people tell me I'm random ALL the time...Friends, I come by it naturally.

Fabulous Moment #2:

We've been working with Tiny Tim during Cracked Out Christmas Carol rehearsals to get him to work with his crutch (aka: stick) and walk with a limp. So far, we haven't been terribly successful. If he hasn't straight up forgotten that's how he's supposed to be walking, he's swinging his crutch around his head or crying about the fact that he looks "stupid" when he has to walk like that. Yesterday one of the fabulous black women in the cast said, "Hey Tim, let's work on your walk." He starts out with an okay limp and then somehow it transitions into a bit more of a ghetto walk. To which Marla cracks up and says, "Hahaha! Look at crunk little Tim!"

...I would have fallen out merely from her referring to him as "Little Tim." But "Crunk Little Tim?" Come on...

No comments: