Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An Apathetic Blogger...

Oh how I would love to be someone that keeps up with this thing better than I do. But my blogging quantity and quality is entirely at the mercy of my mood. That's unfortunate on weeks like this and may very well be the reason that the good Lord did not call me to be a professional writer. Yet.

(...my people and His people are still in discussion about that).

Monday...oh Monday. You know how people say, "I hate Mondays." I never was one of those people. Monday is just another day. But this past Monday made me rethink that. And I discovered that it's not so much that people actually hate Monday...it's just a good excuse for having a bad day, and a good reason to hope that the next day will be better.

So on Monday, I said, "I hate Mondays," and sincerely believed this automatically meant Tuesday would be better.

Well that's hilarious because for some reason Tuesday did not get better. And my boss said, "This is a horrible week."

I was like, "You know it's only Tuesday right?"

And then today I thought, "Yay it's Wednesday!" And much to my dismay Wednesday is apparently as grouchy as Monday.

So...my boss has taken to calling this week "Hell Week" and we have resigned ourselves to just hunkering down and holding tight for the next two and half days. My Bible has been open next to me all day and my boss laughed, said that was a great idea and that she was going to go get hers out of her car.

My grace with others this week is nonexistent.
My hope for better right now is waning.
My love for mankind is shrinking at a rapid pace.
My joy in what I do was gone by 10 a.m. Monday morning.

BUT...

then there's that voice that won't go away.

That voice that says, "MY grace is sufficient."
That voice that says, "Hope in ME. I have never failed."
That voice that says, "I AM LOVE. And if you abide in Me, you've got all the love you need."
That voice that says, "Get out of bed. You've got a job to do. And your joy will be found in My calling for you."

And as I find my heart restless and my mind weary and my emotions failing and my body tired, somehow, it's just that voice...the loudest whisper I've ever heard, the only whisper that can clear out all the other noise.

The whisper that says, "I am here."

No comments: