Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Things I've Pondered Today...

That I'm really glad the bruise from running square into a wall isn't bigger. No bruise, no questions, no telling people that I ran into a wall.

Why it's here and when it'll go away. And what kind of damage it will do until then.

Why I thought it was a good idea to wipe yogurt off my black pants and blue shirt with a white Kleenex.

What I'm not trusting about God and His promises.

Why the cards that have the perfect front say the stupidest things on the inside.

Why I can't go live in a forest for the rest of my life. (I already have at least one answer for this one.)

That Subway would be a delicious and free lunch since I have a gift card.

If the fact that I'm standing at the Subway counter and can't find my gift card solidifies today as being "one of those days."

Where my Subway gift card went.

Why Subway has THE BEST chocolate chip cookies. Ever. I don't care who your grandma is or what "secret family ingredient" she uses.

If God is listening.

If Ruth got her cast off today.

When I'll be up to putting the camping gear away.

When I'll go camping again.

If somebody, somewhere has Biblical community figured out.

What it would be like to be a Roman soldier and have Jesus tell you that He's never seen faith like yours. Whoa.

Why the end of my nose has been cracked and peeling for 4 days. Whatintheworld.

That Kara Dioguardi singing Terrified is better than Katherine McPhee.

That Kara Dioguardi should maybe just record all of her songs instead of turning them over for other people to sing.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

a few thoughts in response to your pondering:

don't worry about running into a wall. i once gave myself a black eye in my sleep.

if you want to experience life in a forest, you can come visit me in magnolia.

yes, i did get my cast taken off today. i had time to be grossed out by my hairy leg for about 10 minutes before they put another cast on. but the good news is, that means you'll get to sign it. :)