Thursday, April 2, 2009

and it just keeps gettin' better...

Okay so no joke right after I wrote my last post my boss asked me to head over to our main office to drop something off for her. This never happens, but I was thankful for the opportunity to go enjoy the beautiful weather, windows down and music blaring. I was driving down 1st street and was stopped at the light at 1st and Congress and looked up just in time to see this woman completely bite it in the crosswalk for absolutely NO apparent reason. Like just walking along and then BAM! she's on the ground. Thankfully she didn't have anything in her hands so she didn't eat concrete but she's gonna have a good couple of scrapes.

Then I got to the office and I was walking through the grassy area in the front and I was approaching these two abnormally large squirrels right. I just kept walking knowing that when I got closer they'd take off, cuz that's what squirrels are supposed to do. Well one of them did in fact head up the nearest tree. The other little fella didn't move at all and I'm walking up and he literally starts moving toward me. I was like, okay really? So I just kept walking and I get to a spot where I am honestly within inches of this guy and he straight up lunges toward my leg. My heart stopped as I had images of this rabid freak of nature eating me for lunch. My instinct was to start kicking at him but I thought that would make it worse and I didn't know if squirrels were like cougars or something and it would only tempt him more if I ran. So I stopped dead in my tracks and felt extremely relieved when he turned around at the last second and very casually walked off. I know I always say that I can put up with anything if it makes for a good blog story, but I'm not sure that I would have been terribly tolerant of being medicated for rabies because an excessively aggressive squirrel was feeling a little crabby.

No comments: