Thursday, April 2, 2009

I may be back...

So for awhile there, it seemed I had a bit of a dry spell when it came to "these things don't happen to normal people" type moments. No, scratch that completely. I had plenty of those moments, but none that I have been able to find humor in just yet. And some that I have no intention of finding humor in. That being said, I saw a few things yesterday that made me smile real big...

1. A guy who had JUST wiped out while riding his bike and picked himself up, dusted off, got back on the bike, realized it was no longer functional, got back off and just took off walking with the bike riding alongside. I honestly did feel bad for him. But seriously, you gotta chuckle when people eat concrete. I can say that because I do all kinds of foolish things of that nature. For those of you who remember my Jen "SuperWoman" Corzine moment at camp that left me face down on the ground (literally) and all kinds of scraped up and bleeding, you are welcome to laugh at the memory. And in fact, I saw another kid the day before that bite it and almost get run over and another one today that very nearly wiped out. I'm going to start a new campaign. "Put On Training Wheels, Austin."

2. A cowboy (boots, hat, jeans, the walk, the works) walking down the street in downtown Austin with a giganticly fat weiner dog. Seriously, I bet this thing weighed about 30 pounds. Picture it. Yeah...enough said.

I also had a moment where my boss and I both got up and walked out of the office at the same time, making the general small talk that comes with that kind of occurence. Then we stopped talking, kept walking, side by side for awhile. I finally looked at her and said, "Uh, where are you going?" And she looked at me kind of shifty and said, "To the bathroom...where are you going?" I said, "To the bathroom." Then there was this long pause while we kept walking...I looked up again and said, "This is kind of awkward." And she said, "Yeah it is." And then we stopped talking again and ventured into the bathroom together.

Yep...I'm back in the game.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

hey girl, just wanted to letcha know i've been praying for you.

and i'll definitely join your training wheel campaign. after watching so many cyclists almost get killed, i think i'm developing a phobia of ever riding a bicycle again myself.

~Ruth