Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday's Fabulous Moment (well, one of them)

My boss' office is about 10 steps from my desk. Why she ever goes through the trouble of calling me, I'll never know. But today, she did have a reason. She needed to talk to me about something that others didn't need to hear. Nothing big, nothing bad, nothing nearly as exciting as it sounds like it would be.

That's not the fabulous moment.

I had just finished having an allergy-induced sneezing fit when my phone rang. I picked it up and said, "Yes ma'am?" And she said, in a low, monontonous voice, "Hey Sneezy...are you alone?"

i. lost. my. business.

I laughed even harder when she said, "Gurl, what are you laughing at?"

I said, "Para, who starts a conversation with, 'Are you alone?' Especially, 'Hey Sneezy are you alone.'"

She was like, "Oh..."

And then, she lost her business. I love collective losses of business.

2 comments:

Piland Family said...

I want to work where you work.

emily said...

oh my word. I love when you lose your business, and I love that I can picture you losing your business. It makes me smile. That is amazing.