Thursday, April 23, 2009

Psalm 143:11

"For the sake of Your name, O Lord,
revive me.
In your righteousness bring my soul out
of trouble."


A little gem of a verse that God laid on my heart and I can almost feel it as it scurries down into the depths of my heart, breaking through walls and burying itself in the darkest place it can find. I can imagine it, this tiny little light as it just sits...and waits...and shines, knowing that in time it will melt away the hardness around it.

For now I will pray this prayer every day, knowing that every day of this life will be just a step on a journey, a constant battle for renewal, but there will be a day in which I will be made completely whole. I will be completely revived. The work will be done and my soul will be troubled no more. And constant rest and peace will be found in the presence of my King.

No comments: