Friday, April 3, 2009

seriously?

Okay three more great things...

1. Yesterday I was leaving my apartment complex and was fortunate enough to witness two guys trying to fly a kite out of their third story window at the apartment complex across the street. And by "trying to fly a kite" I mean it was hanging out the window and every time it would get some air they'd slap each other proudly and look at each other like, "Aw, snap it's doin' it!" and then when it would inevitably hit the wall of the apartment two seconds later they'd bust up laughing. I can't help but wonder if they planned to fly a kite out their window at 6:00 on a sunny Thursday evening.

2. I got an invitation to a Boyz II Men concert this morning. Enough said.

3. Conversation with a Middle Eastern man who just called my office phone:
Me: Thank you for calling the Carver Museum and Cultural Center. This is Jennifer.
Him: ineedtoasksomeonetohowmuchspaceineedtogetpermitforlawnto...
Me: I'm sorry what?
Him: ineedtoasksomeonetohowmuchspaceforpermitineed.
Me: I'm sorry sir, you've got the wrong number.
Him: NO! This is city of Austin.
Me: Yes sir, it is, but this is the Carver Museum. We can't help you with your request here.
Him: Then I need to know who I call.
Me: Unfortunately sir I can't help you with that. I'm not altogether sure what you're asking about so I don't know who to tell you to call.
Him: This number I call is 3674?
Me: No sir, you called 3670.
Him: I need to call 3670.
Me: No, you did call 3670.
Him: okaybye.

10 seconds later...phone rings. I don't answer. I get this message, word for word:

"callmeback. 825 4589"

*Phone number changed to protect the innocent.

sweet.

2 comments:

Ashlee Lynn said...

I have half a mind to call this random number, just to see what would happen.
Probably just that lady saying my call could not be completed as dialed.

Anonymous said...

Jen, I just discovered your blog by way of Sarah's blog, and I love it! Oh how I've missed hearing great stories from you, and now I can hear them again!! Thanks for sharing... Too funny and fun!!! I'm working on reminding myself why I love my job by blogging about funny work moments, if you're ever interested... http://land-of-lal.blogspot.com/ Either way, good to "see" you again! :) ~Laurel L.~